The hotel is situated in the town centre at the end of the high street. There is a supermarket within a 2 minute walk, a leisure centre within 5 minutes walk, a bus stop opposite us, and a Miniature Railway is just 10 minutes walk away.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Brenzett Aeronautical Museum (4.6 mi)
- Brenzett Museum is a unique collection of wartime equipment, remains recovered from aircraft crash sites and memorabilia collected and donated to the Museum since its formation in 1972.
- Rye Castle Museum (12.8 mi)
- A very interesting museum with a lovely Medieval garden. The Museum has changing exhibitions that investigate different aspects of Rye’s history.
- Brockhill Country Park (9.8 mi)
- Brockhill Country Park was previously part of a large estate dating back to Norman times. You can still see the old manor house adjacent to the park. The rest of the park, 54 acres (220,000 m2), is dominated by a large grassy valley, bisected by the Brockhill Stream as it makes its way to the Royal Military Canal at Hythe and excellent views to the English Channel.
- Golf (0.7 mi)
- There are many golf clubs in the area, so fans of golf visiting the area will be spoilt for choice! The Romney Warren Golf Club is less than a mile away and is only a 10 minute walk from The Ship Hotel. The course is seen as somewhat challenging, though thoroughly enjoyable. Practice facilities are extensive with an eight bay driving range, chipping and putting greens as well as a greenside bunker. Tennis courts are also available, which is great for family members who'd prefer another activity.
- Supermarket (0.3 mi)
- There is a Sainsbury's supermarket just a short walk away.
- Pharmacy (0.3 mi)
- There is a small pharmacy just a short walking distance away.
Ashford, Kent(15.0mi, 24.1km)
Follow signs to B2070 Hastings, at the Brenzett roundabout take the first left and follow into New Romney High Street. We are situated on the right just after the petrol station on the right before the traffic lights.
Take the 1st left onto A259/White Rock Rd. Turn left at A259/The Bourne (for about 8 miles). Turn left at A259/Rectory Ln. Turn right at A259/Tanyard Ln. Turn right to stay on A259. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A259/New Rd (for about 5 miles). Turn left to stay on A259 (signs for Dover/Brookland/Folkestone/A259. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit and stay on A259 heading to Folkestone/Hythe/New Romney. We are on the right.